Featured Image: Sustainable Coastlines New Brighton Beach Clean-Up
What are the Challenges and the Underlying Problem?
- Sewage, toxic chemicals, oil spills, littering and ocean mining
- People’s attitudes towards ocean pollution
- Businesses producing harmful products
My Underlying Problem
- How might we increase awareness around plastic pollution so that impacts on the ocean are lessened in New Zealand in 2017 and beyond?
Alternative Solution Ideas
- Make and sign petitions against plastic usage in New Zealand
- Design an innovative product(s) which provides an alternative to commonplace plastic products (plastic bags, bottles, straws)
- Build on website and social media channels to build a campaign to avoid plastic pollution (including a short video)
- Develop a plastic monitoring crowd sourced app